STATE LAW REQUIRES PARTICIPANTS TO OBEY ALL WARNINGS AND DIRECTIONS AND BEHAVE IN A MANNER THAT WILL NOT CAUSE OR CONTRIBUTE TO INJURING THEMSELVES OR OTHERS. PARTICIPANTS SHALL REPORT ALL INJURIES BEFORE LEAVING.
Participants MUST comply with ALL POSTED RULES, WARNINGS, AND ORAL INSTRUCTIONS. Parents or guardians of a participant shall have the duty to ensure that the participant complies with these rules, warnings, and instructions.
Health Notice: If you have any of the following conditions, you ARE NOT allowed to race and no refunds may be provided:
- Current or previous injury to the head, back, neck, or other muscular-skeletal injuries or disabilities.
- Any respiratory conditions, including asthma or bronchitis.
- Chronic knee or other joint conditions.
- Any heart or circulatory conditions.
- Impairment by drugs or alcohol.
- Susceptibility to injury from falls or bumps.
- Open sores, bleeding wounds, or communicable (infectious) disease.
- Any other condition that might cause problems when physically challenged.
Safety and Rules:
- All participants must follow the rules and instructions given by the race director, staff, volunteers, medical staff and law enforcement.
- Participants must arrive at least ONE HOUR before their official wave time.
- Participants must understand and acknowledge that Nature Ninja Run is a potentially hazardous race and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles attempted.
- Participants must be a minimum age of 14 to participate in all obstacles, unless they are directly accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Participants must wear the provided race bib facing forward.
- Photographers and videographers will be documenting Nature Ninja Run. Participants agree to allow Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens and Solutionary Events to use images or video footage of them for promotional purposes.
- Non-human animals are not allowed to be brought on the race course.
- Baby joggers or strollers, skates, bicycles, skateboards or any other type of recreational vehicle or wheeled device are prohibited on the course.
- Participants are strongly advised to wear shoes. Participants must understand that running barefoot is at their own risk.
- Restroom facilities will be provided at the event. Do not urinate or defecate on or near the course.
- Participants must understand that races at Cedar Lakes are eco-friendly events and that any trash, recyclables, and compostables must be disposed of in the appropriate container.
- Any participant caught cheating, or skipping sections of the course is subject to disqualification.
- Non-participants are prohibited from entering the course, unless they have written approval from event officials.
- Participants not wearing an official bib number and timing device are disqualified.
- Any participant who disobeys course official instructions may be disqualified and/or removed from the race at the discretion of the course official and race director. Violations include unsportsmanlike behavior, offensive language and conduct, nudity, improper or irresponsible behavior, or the inability to complete an obstacle.
- Participants assume all responsibility for any and all medical expenses incurred during the event. Participant responsibility includes but is not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens and Solutionary Events medical personnel are authorized to examine participants who appear to be injured. Medical personnel have the discretion to remove participants from the event.
- Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens and Solutionary Events reserves the right to modify any event rule at any time for any reason. Participants are responsible for knowing and understanding the published rules, including any modifications, prior to the event.